Sunday, May 3, 2015

Assignment 4-Steve Jobs’ Talk

This is the second time I watch this video. The first time was last semester. The teacher briefly introduced this speech to us, but I didn't catch the key points clearly. This time teacher gave us the scripts of this speech, so I have the second chance to learn from this renowned commencement address. The following are the five points that impress me a lot.

1."biological" mother : Before listening to this speech, I never thought of a word which can describe a mother gave a birth to a baby.

2.I learned many new words and phrases from this speech such as "stumble into," "dawn on," "fall out," "drown out," "gut," "naive," and so on.
3.You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards.
4.It was awful tasting medicine, but I guess the patient needed it.
5.Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life.

Steve Jobs' 2005 Stanford Commencement Address:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF8uR6Z6KLc 

1 comment: